Brian E. Tafoya
Merritt Island, FL
ADVANCED TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Years of project management and team leadership in various capacities.
• Expert knowledge of PHP based opensource applications such as WordPress, OpenCART, Magento, and Drupal.
• Expert knowledge of all the code revision systems, including the installation, implementation, and administration. (CVS, SubVersion, GIT)
• Advanced working knowledge of Linux based servers and server applications such as BIND DNS, DHCP, Samba, Apache, Sendmail, Postfix, MySQL, Informix, SSH, XINETD, Jabberd, and ProFTPd.
• Advanced working knowledge of MySQL and MSSQL.
• Expert knowledge of networking, TCPIP, and the physical aspects of networks. (Cabling, etc.)
• Knowledge of the GNU (ANSI) C++, Microsoft Visual C++, Microsoft Visual Basic, Borland Turbo Pascal and Delphi, and Sun Java programming languages.
• Able to learn new programming languages and technologies quickly and proficiently.
• Expert knowledge of electrical theory, design, codes/standards, and installation. Knowledge of programmable logic controls such as Allen Bradly, GE Fanic, and Modicon.
• Advanced knowledge of power quality services such as analysis, design, and implementation of clean-power systems and back-up.
• Advanced knowledge of fire and burglar alarm systems design, implementation, and maintenance.
• Licensed Journeyman Electrician.
President, Chief Engineer
March 2003 to Present
Merritt Island, Florida
Senior engineer/developer designing and implementing custom web applications while provided dedicated hosting solutions and cloud infrastructure design and implementation. Specialized in small/medium size businesses such as Real Estate, Financial Advisers, and eCommerce but not limited to. A very large portfolio of projects in production utilizing the latest technologies with a steady clientele of return business.
Primary focus is on custom web app development, as well as open source application such as WordPress, Drupal, OpenCart, and Magento.
Director of Software Development and Information Technologies
Hot Stix Golf, LLC
February 2006 to February 2008
Designed and implemented the company’s entire network and systems infrastructure. Established and lead the company’s software development team whose primary tasks included developing research and development tools, third-party fitting applications, and an internal “tour” fitting application. Various technologies include Java, JSP, and PHP as well as MySQL and MSSQL. Other accomplishments include and new ERP implementation, several remote and mobile operations, and technology implementation with third parties such as golf.com and Sports Illustrated. Acted as software architect as well as the senior developer.
Senior Web Application Developer
Insight Enterprises North America
July 2004 to February 2006
Insight is a Fortune 1000 company with an extensive enterprise environment. Key roles and responsibilities included the design and leading the re-factor if the insight.com web administration suite which is currently developed in Coldfusion with future development in Java using the Struts framework. While at Insight I was tasked with designing, implementing, developing a custom Lead Management System in PHP. Currently acting as a “Subject Matter Expect” leading a small team through a complete ERP refactor from SAP R/3 to MySAP in the areas of the web-based administration applications and business to business processing. Some other accomplishments include a PHP based code release manager with coordinates the various staging of testing and deployment if code as it is promoted to production.
Senior Web Application Consultant, Contracted to Insight Enterprises
February 2004 to July 2004
Lead a team of developers in the re-factor of the Insight e-Administrator. Tasked with the design, development, and maintenance of the administrative suite, developed in Coldfusion.
VP of Information Technology/Lead Software Engineer
Smart Guys Computing, LLC
January 2002 to February 2004
Leading role in the design and development of web based business management software solutions developed in Coldfusion and PHP. Projects include workflow process management, e-commerce solutions integrated into legacy ERP systems, and custom EDI and XML based business-to-business solutions for resellers, distributors, and medical claims processing. Designed and implemented Linux based server solutions such as firewalls, spam protection, and antivirus protection in C, Perl, BASH, and PHP.
Senior Software Developer/E-Business Analyst
Direct Alliance Corporation
October 2000 to January 2003
Active development and maintenance of Java, Perl, and Coldfusion based Middleware and Web services. Technical project manager of the IONA “Netfish” implementation project. (B2B middleware) Extensive use of XML, XSL, Schemas, and B2B processes such as cXML, ebXML, RosettaNet, and EDI. Actively developed and maintained B2B programs for the IBM.COM web site (Shop IBM US, and EMEA) for order fulfillment. Designed and developed the Direct Alliance Project Management workflow engine in Coldfusion, along with a web process monitoring daemon (Web Watcher) to monitor the uptime of critical web solutions and perform immediate notifications.
Cold Fusion Developer/Middleware Programmer
Contractor to Direct Alliance
February 2000 to October 2000
Tasks included Middleware programming in Java and Coldfusion, and software engineering. Tasks include coding, standards implementation, testing, and rollout of e-commerce web sites. Also using some C and SQL. Other tasks include oversight of network resources in support of the developed sites.
Owner, Technical Manager, Lead Developer
Rio Grande Computing – Sole Proprietor
February 1997 to 2000
Created and maintained commercial web sites, online stores, online communities, and web database services. Also installed and maintained multiple servers under Windows NT and Linux with Web services (IIS, Coldfusion, ODBC, Perl), Email services (Accounts, Auto-responders, Mailing Lists), File Share Service (FTP, Samba, NFS), Domain Name Service (MS DNS, BIND), and Shell/Telnet services (Unix Shell, BBS). Currently working on our own software product and have stopped providing public services. Extensive use of Coldfusion, Perl, HTML, and Java.
Programmer, Programmable Logic Controls Specialist
J&S Electric Co., Inc.
Designed, coded, and implemented processor based controls as a contractor to Los Alamos National Laboratory. Also coordinated and supervised the construction and implementation of the projects. Provided technical support for PC based workstations networked via the Los Alamos National Laboratory’s wide area network (WAN) and secured network.
J&S Electric Co., Inc.
Started, coordinated, and supervised up to finish electrical construction and remodel projects at Los Alamos National Laboratory. Performed material requisition, maintenance of as-built construction drawings, project coordination, client public relations, job costing, scheduling of labor resources, labor management, and quality assurance. Supervised in the installation and implementation of alarm systems, phuematic controls, Johnson Controls based controllers for HVAC control, and Square-D Power Logic monitoring services.
J&S Electric Co., Inc.
Implemented and maintained site wide project management database developed with Filemaker Pro and MS Access. Provided support services such as job package planning, scheduling, and coordination with Los Alamos National Laboratory’s Cryo Metallurgy Research Facility staff, a 12 million dollar electrical upgrade project. Also performed job costing, accounting, customer support, and quality assurance.
Johnson Controls World Services
Coordinated and maintained Electrical Power Quality Program for Los Alamos National Laborites. Performed diagnostics, engineered, and implemented problems/solutions for various power systems. Also performed labor management, job scheduling, coordination, material requisition, and electrical engineering.
New Mexico Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee
Instructed all aspects of the electrical industry including theory, standards, code, design, implementation, and ethics.
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
Licensed Journeyman Electrician, experienced in construction and maintenance, motor controls, electronics, alarm systems, computer based controllers, traffic controls, industrial heating and cooling, and electrical design. Fluent in electrical standards including the National Electrical Code. Graduate of the New Mexico Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for the Electrical Industry with honors.
• Hot Stix Golf, LLC February 2006 to February 2008
14825 N 82nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
• Insight Enterprises August 2004 to February 2006
6820 South Harl Ave
Tempe, AZ 85283
• MGA February 2004 to August 2004
2800 North 44th Street, Suite 300
Phoenix, AZ 85008
• Smart Guys Computing January 2002 to February 2004
1256 W. Chandler Blvd., Ste. 5
Chandler, AZ 85224
• Direct Alliance Corporation October 2001 to January 2003
8123 S Hardy Drive
Tempe, AZ 85284
• MGA April 2000 to October 2001
2800 North 44th Street, Suite 300
Phoenix, AZ 85008
• Unemployed, November 1999 to April 2000
Stay at Home Father
• Self Employed, January 1996 to November 1999
Rio Grande Computing
• J&S Electric Co., Inc. February 1995 to August 1999
501 bank SE, Suite 211
Albuquerque, NM 87123
• Johnson Controls World Services June 1990 to February 1995
Los Alamos, NM 87544
• Graduate of the New Mexico Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee Electrical Program – Apprentice of the Year. Four (4) year Apprenticeship including on the job training and classroom training.
• Attended the University of New Mexico – General Studies with basis in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
• Graduate of Penasco Valley High School, Penasco New Mexico. Computer Science, Music, Industrial Trades, and Literature.
PERSONAL ACTIVITES/AWARDS/COMMUNITY SERVICE
• Proud father of three children.
• Musician and Singer
• Best All Around Student – Project Upward Bound
• Apprentice of the Year – NMJATC
• Instructor – NMJATC
• Occasional Volunteer Catholic School Teacher
• Electronic Bulletin Board (BBS) Operator since 1993
Available Upon request.